DT-900 TechStrobe – Stroboscope
$575.00 – $800.00
The DT-900 TechStrobe and DT-900-PR TechStrobe Professional Kit from Shimpo Instruments are the perfect tools for slow motion, or stop action stroboscopic inspection. The Shimpo TechStrobe is the only palm size unit to include a Phase shift feature. Phase shifting allows the TechStrobe operator to advance or retard the flash timing by degrees° of angle, without changing the actual flash rate (FPM) of the TechStrobe.Employing its unique Phase shifting feature, the TechStrobe “freezes” rotating or reciprocating machinery for visual inspection of covered gear teeth, shafts, oil/fuel/ink injector patterns, and print media; all without stopping production.
The TechStrobe is completely portable and operates up to 2.5 hours at 1600 FPM from its detachable, rechargeable battery. The ergonomically designed battery serves as the padded grip area. The battery is quickly detached and recharged while another battery is snapped into place.
Designed for right or left hand, all TechStrobe functions are intuitive and easy to use. Quality and Maintenance Professionals will appreciate the rotary and push button controls for internal flash (FPM/RPM) control, external triggering, tachometer mode and Phase shift control. The push buttons rapidly increase (x 2), or decrease (÷2) the flashes per minute (FPM) and change by degrees° the Flash phase.
Compact, impact resistant and rugged, with that balanced feeling for one-handed operation, the TechStrobe will quickly become one of the Quality and Maintenance Professionals’ favorite tools.
- Rechargeable Replaceable Battery.
- Long Battery Charge Life: Minimum of 2.5 hrs at 1600 FPM (flash per Minute).
- Intuitive Control Layout: Simple to operate.
- Rotary and Push Button Flash Control: Fast Up/Down push button, fine tune with rotary encoder.
- Flash Phase Shift: Precise flash timing control (5 degree increments) push button or rotary control.
- Tach Mode: Provide RPM display when external sensor is attached.
- Flash Rate Range: 40 – 12,500 flashes per minute (FPM)
- Flash Rate Accuracy: ±0.5 FPM or ± 0.01% of reading, whichever is greater
- Flash Setting Resolution: 0.1 FPM for 100 to 9999 FPM, 1 FPM for 10,000 to 12,500 FPM
- Tachometer Range: 40 – 59,000 RPM
- Tachometer Accuracy: ±0.5 RPM or ±0.01% of reading, whichever is greater
- Flash Tube: Xenon, 10 w, user replaceable
- Flash Tube Life: 100 million flashes
- Flash Duration: 9-15 sec
- Light Power: 154 mJoules per flash
- Display: 8 character by 2 line LCD, alphanumeric
- Display Update: Continuous
- Display Resolution: 0.1 FPM for 100 to 9999 FPM, 1 FPM for 10,000 to 12,500 FPM
- Timebase: Crystal oscillator, 100 ppm accuracy
- Battery Type: NiMH, rechargeable, removeable
- Battery Capacity: 2.6 AmpHr
- Battery Charge Time: 2-4 hours, using supplied AC adapter
- Run Time Per Charge: 2.5 hours at 1600 FOM, 1.25 hours at 3200 FPM
- Battery Charger AC Input: 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Controls: Power, multiply by 2, divide by 2, phase shift, external trigger
- External Trigger Input: 0-5V TTL type via stereo phono jack
- External Trigger To Flash Delay: 5 usec maximum
- Clock Ouput: 0-5V TTL type via stereo phono jack
- Housing: Impact and oil resistant polycarbonate